Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week in Review

60 Miles
7 Runs
15 Mile Long Run
2 Workouts
2x lifting
60 Min Yoga

This week was a success in my book.  Although I decided not to the Cupid's Cup 5k due to a sore calf early in the week, I was able to still get in a solid 12x400m workout as well as a 15 mile long run with 3 miles at MP.  While Nemo found its way to Boston, Charlotte runners put on their sunglasses for Cupid's Revenge.  The Wilmore Running Club ran about 9-10 miles before catching up with the entire group.  Caleb, Phil, Pezz, Charlie, Thomas, Michelle, Summer, Matt, Danielle and a guy I can't remember his name all met at the finish of the race to run up to the Booty Loop to start our assault on Providence Road.  Originally Caleb was planning on running 615 pace, and I originally was planning on alternating between MP and slow miles.  Well both of us threw those plans out the window as we settled into a nice group with Phil, Charlie, new guy and me.  The first mile was flat/downhill and we came through right at 6:00.  The next one, we had to dodge some cars at the Sharon intersection in front of Flywheel and had to power up a hill for an entire mile, still keeping the pace honest at 6:07.  For the third, we ran 5:56.  It wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy. I felt like my legs were definitely lacking the strength to maintain a 5:50-ish pace for a long period of time.  However, for my "cool down" I ran 6:30 and 6:20 pace and that felt absolutely amazing, so I felt really good about the run overall.  Garrett picked me up at a gas station two miles earlier than the rest of the group, and we called it a day!

I am really excited about running at this point, which is really something that I haven't felt since summer. I'm already toying with the idea of a fall marathon and getting pumped about sharing in that experience potentially with other Charlotteans.  Looking forward to seeing my fitness continue to improve throughout my spring racing season!

No comments:

Post a Comment