Saturday, June 15, 2013

1-Minute Clean Blueberry "Muffin"

Who loves comfort food on a Saturday morning? ...
Breakfast is my favorite part of the day. I love nothing more than waking up early when the house is quiet, pouring myself a few cups of coffee, reading the news, and of course... enjoying a great breakfast. While training for my pageant, I don't have a whole lot of breakfast options: but this morning I found a great alternative!

Before my run, I found came across an amazing recipe on Pintrest and figured I just HAD to give it a try so I could share it with you all :) I figured a few carbohydrates from the oatmeal would fuel my morning workout, and boy was I right! Ladies and gentlemen: treat yourself this morning with a guilt-free treat. Introducing the:

1-Minute Clean Blueberry "Muffin":
1-Minute Clean Blueberry Muffin
 How DELICIOUS does that look? Let me tell you, for how healthy this is AND how good it tastes, I will never eat a fat-filled blueberry muffin again. Ready to give it a try yourself?

Ingredients:
1/4c. quick oats
1 egg
1/4c. blueberries
1 packet/sprinkle Stevia/Truvia
1 T. unsweetened almond milk
dash of cinnamon
Blueberry "Muffin" ingredients. So simple!
Directions:
Combine all of your ingredients in a coffee mug and mix it together. Put your 'batter' in the microwave for 1 minute (watch to make sure it doesn't over flow!). If the 'muffin' top isn't firm, continue to microwave for 30 second intervals. I used my biggest coffee mug, and my microwave time was closer to 2 minutes total.
fresh out of the microwave!
Once you are happy with the consistency, flip your mug over onto a plate... and get ready to enjoy your Clean Blueberry "Muffin!"
I devoured this in about... 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts:

Calories: 171
Fat: 7g
Carb: 19g
Fiber: 3g
Sugar: 4g
Protein: 9g

Let me know what you think! I added the dash of CINNAMON because I love it, and cinnamon also has great benefits! Stabilizing blood sugar levels, reducing body fat percentages, increasing lean muscle mass, and the fact that it is an anti-viral are just a few of the perks! 
If you can't eat EGG, you can try substituting for a "flax seed egg" : combine 1 T. flax seed meal with 3 T. water, let it sit for about 2 minutes, then add it in place of an egg. **I have not tried this with this recipe yet!

Hope you enjoy your new Saturday morning "comfort" food :)
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment