Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week in Review

54 miles
8k race in 27:45
7 Runs
2 Days with the in-laws!

From a work perspective, this was a very tiring week for me as I had three 8AM meetings that were in person.  For any normal person, this probably isn't a big deal, but trying to fit in runs and workouts before an early meeting is very difficult for me to handle, especially by the time that 3PM rolls around, when I really just want to take a long nap instead of continue to work.  Fortunately, the lack of sleep and increased work load didn't affect my race outcome on Saturday, as I walked away with my first PR as Caitlin Bullock.  Saturday continued to be a great day as I attended a fundraising event with the Bullocks, which really meant that I got to stuff my face with top notch food and cupcakes at the Hilton. While I would hope that my run today would have gone better, it didn't.  My left calf and arch were exceptionally tight and I'm pretty sure it's a sign that I need to use some of the prize money this weekend on a nice massage.  The tightness could be since I wore the Nike Flyknit racers for the first time in a race and my feet are unhappy with the change from the Nike Marathoners.  Who knows!
Enjoying the Fundraising Event!

Love my new Nike Flyknits!

My First Race as Caitlin Bullock

No comments:

Post a Comment